Did you know fewer people read on the weekend? That’s good cause I’m assuming it means you are out riding your bikes. We get good little updates though via email, twitter, facebook etc. Here are a couple updates to keep you warmed up for Monday.?
* Beth Newell took the win for the women, followed by Mary Maroon (2nd) and Ruth Winder (3rd.) Incredible consistency from these three riders
* The men’s P/1/2 was won by Colin Samaan, who is riding for the Pistachio Team after making a splash last year with the Wells Fargo team. Samaan is maturing into a real threat and will be interesting to watch mix it up with the big guns in the NRC.
Valley of the Sun
* I’m not sure why this is so appealing but Cat 2’s flock to this race from all over the country. Perhaps is the allure of getting early season upgrade points or perhaps its the promise of warmer weather. What ever the reason NorCal and SoCal really invade this event.
* Specialized Racing took a full load with kids entered in most juniors races, a few guys racing in the 2’s and some older guys spread out in the 40+ and P/1 category. Metromint also looks like it has a full squad riding, as does Fremont Bank, with a handful of other NorCal folks littered across the different categories.
* Official TT Results: Larry Nolan and Billy Innes were both positioned well after yesterdays TT in the 40+ as was Chris Lyman in the Elite race. NCCN favorite Benkoski flatted in the Cat 2 TT, but NorCal was saved by Jonathan Lee of Red Peloton (1st!), and the White Bros. who were sitting in 5th and 9th.
* Metromint leader Molly Shaffer Van Houweling proved that she is a TT animal with a convincing win over he closest competitor. Metromint placed another rider in the 10 ten, and with a full team they should have lots of cards to play to help defend the jersey.
*Unofficial Road Race Update: Still early, no official resutls, but it looks like David Benkoski made up for his bad luck yesterday and managed 3rd place in the road race. Billy Innes was apparently in the days break with the geezer group.No other updates but we got our ears open.
*UPDATE: Road Race and GC results have been posted. In the 40+ Innes and Nolan are still in the top 10. If San Luis Obispo is NorCal, which i think it is, Craig Nunes of Arts Cyclery broke into the top 5 in the P/1 race, Lyman is still sitting in the top 20 with another Arts Cyclery rider Matt Carinio. Benkoski was officially 3rd in the road race, behind Fremont Bank phenom Michael Jasinksi who came in 2nd and moved up to 4th in the GC E. Kachorek ruled the road race with a big win for Primal-MapMyRide. Van Houweling is still leading GC with lot’s of other NorCal women sitting in the top 10 (Hutchinson, Robertson, Despas.)
Send us news if you got it… we are easy to find. Facebook, twitter (@ncalcyclingnews), email… you name it.
Powered by Facebook Comments