The weather this weekend was rather epic with rain, hail, cold, etc blowing in from Oregon, Canada, or some such place that most of us don’t really want to end up after we pass. Here are a couple of quick hits from the results pages.
Beat The Clock – results
* Weather played a big role in this Peninsula series as riders decided to stay in their beds, and got hammered by intermittent shows and cold air pushing over from the Pacific. Mostly the BTC is re-known for inventing the “Merckx TT” division but it’s also a warm up event for most of the big TT’s. Times were a lot slower than normal but some interesting performances popped up none-the-less. Photos by Allan Amrstrong
* Beth Newell put in a surprising ride to put herself almost 50 seconds ahead of local time trial aces and VOS winner Van Houweling. The conditions have to be a shock for Van Houweling fresh off big ride out in sunny weather, but no matter how you look at it it’s a big ride by Newell, who apparently is setting herself up as an all-a-rounder like other former Hellyer-ite sprinter Shelley Olds.
* Apparently it was a household affair as Hernando snuck in ahead of BTC main stay, John Ford. There are a few nice pics of Hernando on a TT rig. He may be serious again, and a racer to but, but remember…i’m the funny one.
* Velo Promo is getting really efficient with their results posting. If this keeps up then we might be able to retire. I suppose the color commentary is always welcome.
Susannah Breen continued Fremont Bank’s early season domination with a win at Cantuna. She added a win at Cantuna to a growing list of road race and time trial palmares. Rookie Webcor rider Holly Liske, still a Cat 3, came in second showing her Wisconsin accent, love of inclement weather, and mountain bike past are going to make her a rider to watch this year.
* Eric Wholberg showed up in Form Fitness colors to show the locals that “The Wolverine” still has some bite. I have a small book of Wholberg quotes i hear from people. If anyone heard some good ones during the race let me know. I try them out on my friends when i want to sound tough.
Powered by Facebook Comments