April Women’s Clinic
2012 Women’s Track Racing Clinic Series
Clinic promoted by San Jose Bicycle Club
- Taught by women –for women
- Targeted sessions –Attend one or all!
- Fixed gear velodrome racing skills
- Mock races, training best practices, and strategies
Session 1 –April 14, 2012 – 12:30p-4:30p
Track Racing Best Practices & Gearing
For Cat 1 /2 /3 /4 Women who want to improve road racing skills or learn to race on the velodrome:
• Applying racing skills on the track
• Race tactics
• Training for racing
• Understanding and using gears
• Practice races
Session 2–April 21, 2012 – 12:30p-4:30p
Individual and Team Time Trials
For Cat 1 /2 /3 /4 Women who want to learn time trialing on the velodrome:
• Learn to ride against the clock –
• Fundamentals of individual or team events
• NCNCA and other organized teams are encouraged to attend
Session 3 –April 28, 2012 – 12:30p-4:30p
Sprint for Your Life! Sprinting fundamentals, strategy & tactics
• Practice 500TT, 200 TT, match, TS, Scratch, chariot, and keirin sprinting
Hellyer County Park Velodrome, 995 Hellyer Ave. San Jose, CA. $6 daily parking fee
Who Should Attend?
• Cat 1 /2 /3 /4 Women who have completed at least 1 Beginner Saturday sessions and are familiar with the basics of riding the track
• Women who have attended 3 Saturday sessions and want to try racing are also encouraged to attend
• 3 skills-specific sessions available –Attend 1 or all to build road and track racing acumen
• Clinic co-led by Masters Track National Champion Annabell Holland and Masters World Champion Lorraine Jarvis
• Limited number of rental bikes available (due to gear changes required), add $10 per session
Cost: $45.00per session. ($120 if you register for all 3 sessions -a $15 discount!)
• Instruction and training, NVCA fees,snacks,beverages and SWAG
• Rental bike not included
• Parking NOT INCLUDED
How to Register:
Limited to 15 attendees per session
• Fill out the registration form here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WJMPRYF
• Event promoter will contact you to confirm registration and secure payment (via Paypal)
• Payment confirms registration; sorry no refunds
Questions? Email promoter, Elizabeth Hernandez-Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I’ve raced on the road but never on the track. Is this clinic for me?
Yes. The clinic sessions are ideal for Cat 1-4 Women who have completed at least 1 Beginner Saturday sessions and are familiar with the basics of riding the track. Women who have attended 3 Saturday sessions and want to learn racing skills are also highly encouraged to attend.
Do these sessions replace the Beginner Sessions?
No. You must be familiar and comfortable with riding on the track before attending these sessions. It is preferred that each attendee participate in at least two Beginner Sessions. If you have only completed one session, please contact the promoter prior to registering. I’ve completed 3 Beginner Sessions.
Can I attend the clinic?
Yes. These sessions are targeted at building onto the skills you have learned in the beginners sessions and introducing you to event specific racing and training at the track
What if I’ve never raced on the track before?
The sessions are structured around building racing skills on the track. These skills will also help bolster your road racing acumen. The clinic is perfect for those who currently race on the road but want to race on the track.
Do I need my own track bike?
This is preferred. We will only have a limited number of track bikes available for rent (due to gear requirements for the sessions). Track bike rental will be evaluated on a case-by case basis.
How do I know that my registration for the clinic is confirmed?
Once you fill out the registration form, the event promoter will contact you as soon as possible with PayPal payment information. Your payment is confirmation that you are registered.
I can only make it to one session. Is that okay?
It’s up to you! Based on feedback from previous clinics, we’ve designed the 2012 sessions as individual, skill-specific modules. Each session targets different aspects of racing on the track. Take one, two or all 3 sessions.
Powered by Facebook Comments