Kinda on the fly, but got a quickie from the “Dots.”
Metromint has a big, strong squad this year. The official roster can be found on the team website. Metromint is known for mentoring home-grown talent, which contributes to the racers’ famous cohesion and teamwork. The 2013 roster includes:
- Molly Van Houwelling, who is STILL not satisfied after three masters world titles.
- Jane Robertson, whose six+ years on the team are a testament to Metromint’s exceptionally low turnover.
- The return of sprinting phenom Mary-Ellen Ash, who had her best season ever with Metromint in 2011 and perhaps decided after spending 2012 on Stevens that dots make you faster.
- Veteran all-arounder Laurie Furman, recovered from a devastating crash and hungry to retake the NRC by storm.
- Rikke Preisler, riding on the momentum of her breakthrough season in 2012.
- Amanda Seigle and Korina Huizar, fresh from silver medals at track natz.
- Ellen Sherrill, who has dominated CX this season.
- Julie Bellerose, who is a rocket scientist and almost became an astronaut. This team is really smart. Having a Ph.D is an unofficial requirement.
- Joanna Dahl, Lina Martensson, and Lisa Mueller round out a team of five cat. 1’s and seven cat. 2’s. There are also some promising cat. 3’s in the wings.
The Dots have good prospects for 2013, but gauging from Facebook, they have already won the spirit award.
Powered by Facebook Comments