Last year was pretty good for #nccn. We ran a bunch of stories, we produced a bunch of podcasts, and we even managed to pay off some contributors. We paid them badly, but we paid them. With a lot of help from folks like Tim Westmore, Chris Harland-Dunaway, Alex Chiu, Flandria, Lisa Mueller, Drew Juiliano, Nate Dunn, and a bunch of other hearty souls we managed to keep norcalcyclingnews.com going. Now that the Pre-Season is almost out of the way (see: NorCal Seasons here) it is time to get serious about 2014.
- Contributors: Tim is only covering select events, Drew got a real job, Flandria has turned into a freaky distance runner, I still live in Wisconsin… the net result is we need local contributors. I know you think you can spell better than me so prove it! Get in touch with a race you want to cover, or idea you want to write up, and we will put it together.
- Subscribe/Donate: Think of dropping a few bucks into the kitty. We try to pay regular contributors a paltry stipend. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
- 2014 Team Review: This always gets me the most hate mail, and subsequently is one of our more popular features. Our review of top teams will be coming out next week if all goes according to plan. Get in your rosters, press releases, and website updates now if you haven’t already. Check out last year’s posts if you want a reminder of what the team review looks like.
- Group Ride Schedule: It was a while in the making, check it out. Pass it on. Send us suggestions.
- Primetime Podcast: We are putting together our 2014 schedule. Who would you like to interviewed? Nobody is too big… we’ll try to get anybody interesting.
- Advertise on NCCN: Have you got a race, shop or product you are pushing? Email us at norcal at love.com and we’ll hook you up. Code: mytzlplk will get your something superhero-ish
- Funding Projects: We don’t fund or push projects much but this is becoming an important resource for women, U23 riders, and entrepreneurs. If you have a project you are pushing email us, and we will create a list of local initiatives worth funding.
Snelling Road Race is less than two weeks away, are you ready for 2014?
Powered by Facebook Comments