ROCKLIN, CA – Seventeen cyclists between the ages of 36 and 55 with more than 20 national titles to their credit have come together for a 2015 campaign in pursuit of joy and excitement. These men are all professionals at work who’ve found a recreational outlet for their competitive natures.
At the team’s winter camp in Napa, race captain Dan Bryant, the current 45-49 year-old national time trial champion said, “When bringing this team together we wanted to make sure we invited not just talented riders but quality individuals. Our team mission is not just to win, but also to race with modesty, class and respect for the sport and our competitors, with a focus on teamwork above individual glory.”
Team president Jack Arney has watched the master men’s categories grow rapidly over the past several years and has brought together three of the top masters teams in Northern California over this past off season.
While Chronos Racing expects to be racing for the win every time it rolls to a start line, the team’s focus is more on building for the future. Cycling is attracting men who may have picked up golf clubs just a few years ago. Chronos Racing wants to lead these new racers in the beautiful traditions of the sport by racing with vigor and intelligence. With the caliber of riders Chronos Racing has collected for the 2015 roster, talent and character-wise, the team values demonstrating a healthy lifestyle and clean racing through good sportsmanship. It is the vision of Chronos Racing to set a positive example for competitors, fans, and sponsors, giving visibility and exposure to this great sport.The team hopes to keep the sport of cycling’s momentum going and help expand enthusiasm for it beyond what’s there today.
Industry support for Chronos Racing comes from Easton Cycling, Hincapie Sportswear, Gran Fondo Hincapie, Boardman Bicycles, Cycliq – FlyLites cameras, Amazing Grass, Fluid Sports Nutrition, Untapped, SmithOptics, Schwalbe Tires and our service course is Rocklin Endurance Sports in Rocklin, CA.
We would also like to thank Dr. Vince Hoffart at Hoffart Chiropractic in Rocklin, CA and Dr. Daniel Switlick, Chief of Orthopedics, who will be taking care of our athletes during the season.
You can follow the team through:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChronosRacingTeam
- Website: www.chronosracing.net (under construction)
Team Roster for 2015
- Chris Lyman – Category 1, Napa, CA – 2 x National Champion
- Kevin Metcalfe – Category 1, Pleasant Hill, CA – 14 x National Champion
- Dan Martin – Category 1, Pleasanton, CA – Current National Champion, 2 x Canadian Champion
- Michael O’Rourke – Category 2, Auburn, CA – former State Champion
- Jason Walker – Category 2, Wenatchee, WA – 2 x National Champion
- Dean Laberge – Category 1, Napa, CA – former National & World Champion (BMX)
- Dan Bryant – Category 1, Carmichael, CA – Current National Champion
- Jason Boynton – Category 1, Yuba City, CA – 2014 Little City Stage Race Winner
- Nick Theobald – Category 1, Burlingame, CA – 2 x & Current Points Champion
- John Fairbanks – Category 2, Sacramento, CA – former State Champion
- Ron Reade – Category 2, Berkeley, CA – former State Champion
- Brian Zimny – Category 1- Sacramento, CA – 3 wins in 2014
- Tony Reid – Category 3, Loomis, CA – former State Champion
- Kyle Glerum – Category 2, Burlingame, CA – 5 wins in 2014
- Jonathan Eropkin – Category 1, Fresno, CA – 3 wins in 2014
- Chris Ott – Category 1, San Jose, CA – 1 win in 2014
- For media interviews contact Jack Arney @ 415 378 4530
Powered by Facebook Comments