Hello NorCal racers!
Time to think about track! We have a super introduction to track racing through our Team Pursuit training and racing. Who knows, you might get into it and want to do some pack racing too!
If you’re that regional racer looking to bump up in ability and get noticed for pro contracts – the track is where we’ve been churning out NorCal pro contracts every year. Or, if you want to feel safer and have a bit more confidence to experiment in your cat 4 criterium – the track provides!
I hope you’ll consider joining our Sunday afternoon training sessions – perfect after a morning ride! All the details are atwww.ridethetrack.com/calendar
Please share this information with your team/friends. Hope to see you at a session soon!
HELLYER VELODROME – TIMED EVENT DAYS: June 27, July 4, July 25
Registration Opens 12:30pm / Racing Starts 1:30pm
Categories: Juniors 14+, Open Men, Open Women
Events: 200m, 500m, Team Pursuit, Kilo, 3K, 4K, Team Sprint
Entry fee: $20 (Jrs race free)
No USAC license required
JAKROO will be providing clothing and financial support to riders competing at the US National Championships – both Elites and Juniors (aged 15-18).
I. What does the JAKROO National Championship Program provide?
1. Structured Training Sessions (riders do not have to join the program to participate in training sessions)
2. Clothing, Entry Fees, and potential travel stipend for selected program participants competing in the 2015 US National Track Championships
II. How to become a JAKROO National Championship Program participant?
To be eligible for JAKROO National Championship Program support, please contact program director, Michael Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org / 510.598.6302).
1. Team Event Support: (Team Pursuit, Team Sprint, Madison)
a) NO Team affiliation is needed to participate in Team Events with the JAKROO National Championship Program.
b) Selected riders will receive Speedsuit, Race Entry fee for team event, and potential travel stipend.
2. Individual Event Support: (Omnium, Mass Start and Sprint Events)
a) Team affiliation for Track Club must be changed to JAKROO Racing Team
b) Selected riders will receive Speedsuit, Race Entry fee for Individual Event(s), and potential travel stipend.
Starts 2pm (sharp!) – Gates open at 1:30pm – please arrive early and be ready to ride at 2pm
Structured Training Program:
1. 40 lap Group warmup (30 laps at Stayers Line; 10 laps at Black Line): focus will be on riders pedaling a quite line, getting close to wheels, and all can easily and safely opt-out of speeds as warmup progresses towards final 10 lap burn-off.
2. Small Group Warmup Jumps
3. “4 minute Hells”: 20 seconds on/20 seconds off intervals: Riders opt-in to 1-3 Hells (4-8 minute recovery between Hells) These are superb fitness building efforts that also work on pack riding/acceleration skills.
4. Group Flying Efforts: 2-12 Laps; our popular flying effort drills are always a ton of fun, and the best way for riders with differing ability levels or specific training goals to get in a great workout with friends. Riders can opt-in to working on team pursuit efforts, pure drafting technique at speed, fitness building against the wind, or explosive sprint efforts at speed.
*There will be thorough explanations and recommendations for these efforts.*
5. Group Standing Start Efforts
6. Bonus time available for Additional Training; Bike Fit recommendations; Tactics discussions; etc.
Hope to see you all this Sunday!
Powered by Facebook Comments